Dollars: Gotta catch'em all

The new Pokémon Go craze could make Apple gain an extra $3 billion in the next year or so. Since Apple is THE global distribution platform for mobile devices, they made a great deal, which is having 30% of any downloads made by an iPhone or an iPad user. (Spangler, 2016)

According to Slice: “Pokémon Go’s in-game sales on July 10 represented 47 percent of the “entire US mobile gaming eco-system”. Moreover, over 53% of those who made in-game purchases, have not purchased anything in the past six months. The interesting part, is that over 80% of in-app purchases have been made by IOS users, while the remaining 20% were made by Android users. (Spangler, 2016)

On the other hand, Google Play’s potential revenue from Pokémon Go could increase to $77 million in the upcoming year. Nevertheless, Google’s mother company will get enough benefits as well after Niantic Labs, the company that developed the app, was spun off from Google last year. (Spangler, 2016)

Until this moment, Pokémon Go has been downloaded for over more than 30 million times in 35 different countries worldwide on IOS and Android and has earned more than $35 million in net revenue – according to Sensor Tower.

A serious obsession about the app is hitting the whole world, according to Sensor Tower – on July 11, the average iPhone user spent 33 minutes playing Pokémon Go, more than any other application across all social media platforms.

The question remains, could this game go down overnight just as it went viral overnight?

اغرب المنتجات المُباعة على موقع أمازونحقيقة هاشتاقات تويتر

Share Your Thoughts

Your email address will not be published.